The title is just an experiment! The word ‘Science’ appears to pull you all wonder-junkies to read this! Wonder-junkie – what a term coined by the great Carl Sagan! The word ‘cleavage’ appears in the title as a sad joke on you all who’re here thinking about Deepika!
‘cleavage’ – noun – alternate meaning – ‘the state of being split or cleft: a fissure’.
A fissure is where you find a new opening to something that was closed earlier. Science this year had a lot of such moments where new openings or rather breakthroughs were achieved in the fields of technology, biology, neuroscience, space science, physics, nanotechnology, medicine, geology, botany, etc. We will talk about those moments in 2015 in which Science went so far ahead that it had to pause & gasp, ‘What the Fuck’ before processing what it just discovered!
Before we proceed to that, let us travel back in Science (errr time)!
What would it be like to see the human progress in the last 100 years through a time lapse video? You
could surely see the human imagination & ideas spilled over the world. Aren’t these crazy futuristic ideas that we conjure up in our heads the driving force of our current day evolution then?
Terence Mckenna says that the day language was introduced by us as a technology, we halted our biological evolution. Evolution since then has been a cultural epigenetic phenomena triggered by ideas and these ideas are in fact helping us transcend much faster than our biological evolution ever could. These ideas have also learnt to multiply & proliferate at an ever-increasing rate to infest our minds. The best ideas are appreciated and they survive to be manifested in to physical realities like the airplane, the space ships, the iPhones, the computers, the internet, the atomic bombs – that defined our evolution over the last century. Jason Silva talks more on the kingdom of ‘ideas’ in a podcast with Joe Rogan, check it out when you’re traveling next! 150 minutes of pure psychedelic blast of information for your mind.
Now what if we reduce the span of the time lapse to just see the progress of our computers! The cellphone in your pocket today is a million times cheaper, million times smaller & thousand times faster than a 60 million dollar supercomputer 50 years ago! That’s a billion-fold increase in terms of performance within what we call our own half-life. And this acceleration in technological advancement is just not stopping. Ray Kurzweil has claimed immortality by 2045! You think that’s too far-fetched? Well, think again! I have listed below just the biggest scientific breakthroughs of only the last 365 days and you would be mesmerized to know about the progress we did this year in terms of eliminating demons like cancer, HIV, diabetes, aging, etc. And you would be enthralled to know how we are going to use computers in the form of nanobots that would travel in our body parts and cure us! And you would be enchanted when you know that we can now 3D print artificial body organs & grow human organs in animals! You would be further bewitched when you know that we now grow man-made leaves & we also grow vegetation in space. And you would be completely hypnotized when you know that we can now retrieve all the information your brain accumulated throughout your life once you are dead!
Well, this is just a glimpse of what we aim to cover within this week of exploration. This year has seen many significant scientific breakthroughs which are not overtly brought to us by our covert media that runs of clandestine agenda of the lobbyists, politicians, actors and all we end up learning about is the bombings, the daily routines of actresses, the politicians who flipped and then the analysis of the year in terms of the best cleavages of 2015, the voluptuous vixens of Hollywood and what have you!
Anyway, for the few brave souls interested in alternate exploration, here we bring a list of 40
scientific discoveries of 2015 that mattered more than anything else; breakthroughs that will shape our larger realities in the coming years.
- Reusable rockets now a reality – credit to SpaceX
- Tesla Powerwall announced to supply batteries that would power households across the world using solar energy – changing the way the world consumes energy
- First clean energy flight of Solar Impulse traversed whole of Asia & registered a record for longest solo flight for any aircraft.
Cambrian Genomics discovered technologies that would allow us to edit & temper DNA! We will now be able to activate & silent certain desired genes in our DNA!
- Teixobactin: First antibiotic discovered in 30 years
- New theory applying quantum correction to Einstein’s theory says there was no Big Bang
- Black Hole discovered in the middle of a Quasar that is 12 billion times as massive as our Sun
- NeuroScience breakthrough: We can now capture all the data from a person’s brain once he dies. For experimentation stage, scientists have tried this on rodents.
Successful implantation of 3D printed bones into humans
- New fiber – less than width of a hair has been created that would deliver optical signals & drugs to your brain using a computer
- Research on DNA Nanobots that will travel inside our bodies to kill cancer cells
- Bionic Lens: We will see three times better by 2017
Evidence of water on Jupiter & Saturn’s moons
- New blood test technology: Single drop of blood will reveal every virus you ever had
- Evidence of underground glaciers & frozen water on Mars
- Human organs could be grown in large animals using a new pluripotent stem cell
- New technology that would restore speech in patients who lost their vocal cords
- Researchers develop yeasts that can make THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana
- 3D-printed sternum & ribs implanted inside a cancer patient
- First bionic penis & First ever Successful Penis Transplant
- First veggies are grown in space by ISS Astronauts
- Kepler 452-b, Earth’s sibling found by NASA
125 million-year-old fossils of a winged dragon found in northeast China
- Artificial Pancreas developed for Diabetes patients
- New Google AI can learn your language and grow philosophically & morally with you
- Possible new vaccine that can eliminate all HIV strains
- Three cent lens that will convert your smartphone into a microscope
- In a series of experiments, NASA confirms space-time vortex around Earth that was proposed by Einstein
- Batteries that would charge your smart gadgets in seconds. This could be a break-through for space vehicles
- First laboratory grown human muscles that contract & respond the same way as normal human muscles & tissues do
First man-made leaf that photosynthesizes; huge implications for space travel which is limited by oxygen supplies
- Scientists slow the speed of light using a special mask that changes the shape of photons
- FDA approves Spritam, the first 3D Printed Pill
- Doctors use virtual reality in surgery for the first time which helps clear blocked coronary artery
- Genome of tardigrade published – confirmed as the only animal capable of surviving in the vacuum of space
Neuroscientists find ways to manipulate memories – turn good memory bad & vice versa
- Over a series of experiments, scientists increased the lifespan of fruit flies by 60 percent, using a method they claim could someday be used for anti-aging treatments for humans
- A new class of drugs ‘senolytics’ have been discovered that improved multiple aspects of aging in mice
- A titanium 3D printed prosthetic jaw is successfully implanted in a male patient in Australia
- Using stem cells, researchers for the first time replicated & developed a miniature of human brain equivalent to the maturity of five-week-old fetus. This model will serve for more accurate drug testing
We will try our best to touch upon all of these and explore in detail the most important ones out of these within this week as we simultaneously transcend in time to a new year!
We at THC Labs are also gearing up with larger realities for the year to come. Time is not far when the new generation of artists would be writing genomes as fluently as we write these articles! Happy tripping.